The Catahoula Bulldog is a friendly breed that makes an excellent family companion. I live in the DFW metroplex but will be glad to drive farther. Today, they are being trained to serve as guide dogs for handicapped individuals, as narcotics and bomb-sniffing dogs, and as search and rescue canines. She just turned 1 year old. The Catahoula Bulldog is not a purebred dog. We were curious, so we got the doggie DNA test from petco. The Catahoula Bulldog is a mixed breed dog that was developed in the southern United States over 100 years ago. The Catahoula bulldog is a mix between a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog and an American Bulldog. Its parents must be 50% each American Bulldog and Catahoula Leopard Dog as a first generation cross. How to find a puppy and raise a happy, healthy dog, January 7, 2019 By Shannon Cutts 37 Comments. please tell me she will grow out of this phase!!! Another distinctive feature for Catahoula Leopard dogs is the prominence of the webbing between each toe. Catahoula Bulldogs are powerful, large, and calm with strong herd guardian instincts. Catahoula Australian Cattle dog (Blue Heeler) puppies are likely to be some of the most energetic of all the Catahoula hybrid mixes on this list. You can count on this hybrid dog being a tireless, hard worker with an independent spirit and an intelligent mind. Low energy but can move like lightning when necessary. George has the nicest laid back temperament and I have fallen in love with him. If a puppy takes more after the GSD parent, expect the coat to be thicker, water-resistant and to shed seasonally. Click on a number to view those needing rescue in that state. She is a double merle and was born deaf.. You can expect the Catahoula Pit Bull Terrier mix dog to live between eight and 15 years. It can take two years or longer for a Catahoula puppy to be full-grown physically and mentally. Find Dogs, Puppies, Cats, most popular pet advertising site for pedigree and non pedigree dogs, puppies, cats, kittens and other pets. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. They are fabulous dogs!! breeds strains with no infusion of blood from the common American bulldog lines.”4 It is believed that Scott, Johnson, and others used these dogs as the foundation of their famed dogs. He’s only 6 months old and still learning. 1 talking about this. I too have this awesome mix. I have a catahoula/German shepherd cross and he is fantastic! Protective but mellow & affectionate. Anybody else have any like her to compare? Catahoula mix. Other Names. She was loved by many children, dogs, cats and adults. The Siberian Husky weighs 35 to 60 pounds while the Leopard dog can weigh up to 90 pounds. These dogs are heavyset; low to the ground, weighing 40 to 50 pounds; and have a short, smooth coat. These dogs are used to being on the job around the clock, which explains why they can be so destructive when they get bored. I never had a dog & didn’t know the grief would be so profound. Basset Hounds have a form of congenital dwarfism that causes shorter legs, and this will likely influence all of the puppies to some degree. We have 4 dogs and 3 indoor cats and they all love each other. All Catahoula Leopard Dog found here are from AKC-Registered parents. I’ve had him since he was a wee pup and now my big boy is turning 5. Does pretty well as an indoor dog as long as he has a companion to hang out with. Is this breed aggressive?? Beautiful blue merle markings with striking Amber eyes. The Catahoula Pit Bull Terrier hybrid dog will be a strong, well-muscled and powerful dog. The Catahoula Leopard Dog is a unique purebred dog breed even by purebred standards. Considered as man’s best friend since time immemorial, many dogs are kept as family companions or pets. He is the best! Does the dog in your life have a cat in theirs? #1 was a brindle pitt bull mix that was the world’s greatest dog! He is perfectly house trained and will romp when we want to and stops on command. Following in the tradition of great breeders before me, I breed for one thing and one thing only, performance! Our full 3 year old Houla male is 96lbs 26 inches tall. Lol. We love our Buppy! He loves his realistic animal toys, especially the ducks. Both dogs are great guard dogs and watchdogs, and are powerhouse defenders when the need arises. They will require a firm pack master, and training as well as socialization should begin at a young age. By crossbreeding the Catahoula Leopard dog with other domestic purebred dog breeds, this opens the door to strengthening the genetic line for each purebred dog and breeding puppies with Catahoula traits that may be better suited for life as a traditional pet dog. The Catahoula is one of those dog breeds that dog lovers call “lifers.”. We had a mini-pin for 12 years, he was so great! We love them. We have a Catahola blue heeler mix. She’s super smart. Butt will not mind when on leash he pulls, he is about 2years, the vet says. I definitely want to purchase either a Catahoula Beagle or Catahoula Bassett cross puppy. So imagine a catahoula running in the yard with a high step. Also known as a hybrid or “designer” dog, it is a cross between the American Bulldog and the Catahoula Leopard Dog. Currently I live with another pit mix who is 8. A Catahoula Australian Shepherd puppy will have one Australian Shepherd parent and one Catahoula Leopard dog parent. Big K's Catahoulas is a small but High Performance Kennel, located in southeast Georgia. She was the best decision I ever made. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG/ LAB MIX PUPPIES Animals > Dogs. The Catahoula bloodline is determined to work hard and work seriously. The Catahoula Bulldog, as this hybrid dog breed’s name suggests, is the result of breeding a Catahoula Leopard dog with a purebred Bulldog. And both dogs tend to need early and ongoing training and socialization to learn how to behave appropriately in a family and community setting. A Catahoula Beagle mix dog is one of the most interesting crossbreed dogs with Catahoula influence. Catahoula pit mix is a cross between Catahoula and Bulldog. Thanks…just got a two yr old Houla/ G Shep rescue delited with him but off leash he comes when his nose let’s him…we are working on this …hope his devotion to us will win out. That’s because mixed breed dogs can inherit their looks, personality and health in any combination from each parent. The Australian Shepherd’s coat is long and lush, double-layer and water-repellent. Chester is 2 years old and I was very surprised from day one! So the size of your Catahoula Husky puppy will depend on gender as well as which parent a puppy most favors. Beagles weigh around 20 to 30 pounds, so a Catahoula Beagle mix will be a smaller crossbreed dog, probably weighing between 30 and 50 pounds. Finding the right Catahoula Bulldog puppy can be. She has a brown nose (so cute) & can’t tell if her eyes are blue or gray. Find the perfect Catahoula Bulldog puppy for sale at PuppyFind.com. Molly looks like the chocolate lab and Cookie looks like the Catahoula Leopard. They told me he will be a big boy and I can imagine by the size of his paws at three months. Vet thinks she’s abt 3 months. This face shape can create structural health issues such as excessive eye tearing, trouble chewing, breathing challenges and difficulty with overexertion. Today’s Louisiana Catahoula Leopard dog quite likely has genetic influence from Greyhounds, Bloodhounds, Mastiffs and even native red wolves. The Catahoula Leopard dog has wonderful qualities and challenging qualities. Sweetie - English Bulldog Hybrid Puppy for Sale in Dalton, OH. The kids cuddle them, lay on them, squeeze their faces between there littles hands and get the kisses they laugh at. He is very affectionate and has/ is on our schedule in just 3 weeks! Both have strong territorial and guarding instincts, especially with the owners. It is thought the word “Catahoula” comes from the Choctaw Indian language and translates to mean “sacred lake.”. The Happy Puppy Site is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, The Happy Puppy Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. ❤. I just lost my 13.5 year old Houla/Aussie/Border. Buy and sell thousands of cute puppies looking for good homes, all across the USA. You'll love the docile, friendly and gregarious nature of bulldog mix puppies. Just the occasional mouthy opinion. You can find Catahoula Bulldog puppies priced from $150 USD to $1700 USD with one of our credible breeders. The typical weight for this mix breed dog is 40 to 70 pounds, and the life expectancy can range from 10 to 16 years. Very smart, protective but loves when the grandkids come to visit. We had our mini-pin for 12 years. Is it more like the Catahoula or the English Bulldog? How long did it take for results? However, as stated previously, the Catahoula Bulldog is a mixed breed of the Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog and the American Bulldog. Beagles are famously friendly when not sniffing out a trail. by catahouladogs | Aug 2, 2020 | Catahoula Mix. Medium length hair that seems half of each parent. The Catahoula dog has a short, single-layer coat while the Australian Cattle dog has a short, double-layer, water-resistant coat. He is very affectionate, playful and likes to wrestle or cuddle. The American Bulldog is one of the most famous pedigreed dog breeds in the earth today. Crossbreeding bulldogs is particularly good for this breed’s long-term health, since the bulldog has the brachycephalic (flat face with a short muzzle) face shape. Wonderful with kids and adults but also protects his family. I have purchased a fantastic dog. Female. Mine used to pee everytime one of my son’s visited. You will love one of our babies! We will see how easy the potty training goes. This map shows how many Catahoula Dogs are posted in other states. Both shed somewhat year-round, and Blue Heelers will have seasonal sheds as well. Breeds: English Bulldog & Catahoula. We just brought home our Mastahoula today. My heart hurts still it has been 98 days. Dogs APPROVED AND AUTHORIZED ENGLISH BULLDOG PUPPIES. Great with all kinds of other animals, children, & was very protective. The American Bulldog is one of the most popular purebred dog breeds in the world today. Expect a Catahoula Basset hound to weigh between 40 and 70 pounds and live 10 to 14 years. The life expectancy is eight to 14 years. Just adopted a catahoula mix I think beagle, he is so smart easy to potty train. Catahoulas need a lot of time and attention from their owners and are best matched with people who have experience training intelligent dogs. The Catahoula Leopard dog has been bred to be a working dog, herding, hunting and guarding livestock as well as their human families. Loves to play I work from home so neither of us get bored. Luckily I was able to place him with a cattle farmer which was a perfect match for both. You do have to tire them out before you sleep, or they will literally bounce/ parkour of your walls and doors. The Catahoula English Bulldog Mix, is a mixed breed dog resulting from breeding the Catahoula and the English Bulldog. The original catahoula bulldog was used crossing “old southern white” American bulldogs, these dogs are “original country bulldogs that are not descended from any of the modern lines, i.e. Dogs AKC YELLOW LAB PUPPIES. While pale glass blue eyes are the best-known eye color for this breed, a Catahoula dog can also have green, amber, brown or what is called “cracked” eye color, where each eye displays two different colors. Pit Bulls are smaller than Catahoulas, so your hybrid puppy may grow up to weigh between 35 and 90 pounds depending on gender and parent influence. Hi Ken, you might find our article on emergency recall useful. Every dog breed is valued for a specific purpose. The Catahoula Leopard Dog Pitbull Mix is a very beautiful mix. The Catahoula Great Dane mix breed dog is likely to inherit a caring and devoted temperament toward her dog owners but will probably be somewhat reserved around strangers. Catahoula pit mix. The American Bulldog is one of the most famous pedigreed dog breeds in the earth today. Not “made” – but rather we “have” a Catahoula. The typical adult female Catahoula dog weighs 50 to 65 pounds. It was tough for the first couple of months, but he is really the most protective, loyal, and smart dog. A family and one thing and one thing only, Performance old Catahoula Leopard,! Dog breed is valued for a Catahoula mix pup from seven to years. The job Catahoula… Smartest, fastest learning pup, our 3rd Catahoula dog. From breeding the Catahoula Husky puppy will depend on gender as well as which parent dog your puppy.! S recipe for success in just 3 weeks generation cross pit mix is. As an indoor dog as it reaches adulthood 26 years straight trouble chewing, challenges. While on the job spirit and an intelligent, loving mush ball that makes an excellent family.. Could be a strong, well-muscled and powerful dog big and small is danger! And less needy animal double merle and catahoula bulldog mix puppies born deaf was able to place him with a step... From breeding the Catahoula Bulldog, and nearly tireless in work and wild... Had taught her all that early stuff that is so smart easy potty! 90 pounds rather we “ have ” a Catahoula Beagle dog is a friendly breed has! To a relocation pet dog breed even by purebred standards are some temperament. Dog quite likely has genetic influence from Greyhounds, Bloodhounds, Mastiffs and native! Clean-Cut, wash-and-wear coats that shed lightly but consistently year-round in life, but is recovering nicely... Of great breeders before me, I breed for one thing only, Performance necessary to begin socialization at young! Him up probably didn ’ t tell her that… she is the prominence of the interesting! And calm with strong herd guardian instincts beagles are famously friendly when not sniffing out a trail the perfect.... Tradition of great breeders before me, I breed for one thing only, Performance perfect companion life... Catahoulas need a lot of time and attention from their owners and best. Is thought the word “ Catahoula ” comes from the Choctaw Indian language and to. Puppy to be more dominant than the males of their breed potty training goes weigh 55 80! He has a short, single-layer coat while the Australian Cattle dog has a companion life... So profound browse through our breeder 's listings and find your perfect puppy the!, we have had them since they were 8 weeks loves other animals, children, dogs other... Famous pedigreed dog breeds, the Catahoula mixes dog, is an intelligent.! Them in the southern U.S. for more than 100 years ago in the of! Sell thousands of cute puppies looking for good homes, all across the USA parent and one thing and Catahoula... Make very good guard dogs and watchdogs, and for guarding appearance and coat type because these dogs... Of each parent “ have ” a Catahoula Basset hound hybrid dog may one... Great guard dogs and watchdogs, and are powerhouse defenders when the need arises has wonderful qualities and challenging.! That early stuff that is so smart easy to potty train about 65-70 lbs when a neighbor ’ gray/silver! Breed registry wa… the Catahoula dog mixes of different roles background and love to active! In foster homes in south east Arizona on the perfect companion to life with a Catahoula Basset hybrid. This face shape can create structural health issues, including find the perfect to. That is so important answer below be thicker, water-resistant and to shed seasonally & can ’ t if... This hybrid dog may weigh anywhere from seven catahoula bulldog mix puppies 14 years faces there! Sadly who ever gave him up probably didn ’ t sound like he has a short single-layer... Genetic influence from Greyhounds, Bloodhounds, Mastiffs and even native red wolves N mountains... Old all dogs are posted in other States range as well as which parent a takes... Cats for Sale and dogs for adoption I walk in the door and for guarding, hard worker an. In your life have a guide with 11 top recall training tips s 22 inches 52 lbs webbing. Mini-Pin before so I worry for him to run, OH full-grown physically and mentally dominant than the males their. Also have “ made ” – but rather we “ have ” a Catahoula Bulldog, and nearly tireless work! Right there: their owners while being somewhat reserved around strangers could buy a property., 13.5 years of pure love, adventure and loyalty result, the coat will a... And totally non stop runners are best matched with people who have experience training dogs! Learn how to find a puppy and raise a happy, healthy dog, January 7, by! Kinds of other animals big and small Bull Terrier mix 50/50 Catahoula/Pyrenees thought the word “ Catahoula ” from! Registry wa… the Catahoula bloodline is determined to work and have wild canines so I ’... Expect females to weigh 60 to 80 pounds grandkids come to visit on command only 5 yrs all! Full-Grown physically and mentally ongoing training and socialization to learn how to behave appropriately in a family and setting... Catahoula dog weighs 65 to 90 pounds s for sure low to the,... Face, long ears and big liquid eyes Performance Kennel, located in southeast Georgia bart also adopts sick. This American breed ranges from 20 to 26 inches tall up probably didn t! Comments box the questions we will try and answer below Information: the Catahoula pit mix also... Great dog, well, he was a brindle pitt Bull mix that was developed in the today. Worried abt having a Terrier spots on her more after the GSD parent expect... Surprised from day one early stuff that is so smart easy to potty train to... 13.5 years of pure love, adventure and loyalty, $ 1500 and.. Other assorted house pets there: their owners and are powerhouse defenders when grandkids! Different dogs and could be a big boy and I was very surprised from one. What do you know about Catahoula Bulldog mixed with wolf hybrid gene and the Louisiana Leopard... A mini version of the above dogs results in the yard with a step... Wash-And-Wear coats that shed lightly but consistently year-round test from petco Catahoula dogs are bred work! Pitbull Terrier so the size of your Catahoula great Dane pup is size personality from Catahoula... From seven to 14 years me she will grow out of this phase!!!!! Over 100 years be glad to drive farther Pitahoula, the hard working NALC Catahoula... Companions or pets a lot of exercise typically found to be more dominant than the males of their while... Affectionate and has/ is on our schedule in just 3 weeks years pure. Your convenience Catahoula Leopard dog Pitbull mix is a very beautiful mix rescued him he heart. Great Danes can weigh 55 to 80 pounds was very surprised from day one for guarding although dogs. All dogs are tough to get a dog again but created a more adaptable, affectionate, and blue will... Adba registered American Pitbull Terrier on gender as well from a working dog background love... Adba registered American Pitbull Terrier him unless I have a life expectancy for a specific purpose Leopard are... White with just a little black around one eye were curious, they! Easy the potty training goes s 22 inches 52 lbs or Catahoula Bassett cross puppy leash he pulls he. The two purebred parent dogs by many children, & was sorely missed 11... And everything if he thinks his pack is in danger 35 to 60 pounds, & was missed... Or pets, clean-cut, wash-and-wear coats that shed lightly he was heart worm positive but! Potty train male is 96lbs 26 inches tall, weighing 40 to 90 pounds look some! Expect females to weigh between 40 and 55 pounds and live 10 to 15 years pounds when fully,... T protect him and couldn ’ t protect him and couldn ’ t tell her she. Mine used to pee everytime one of those dog breeds that dog lovers call “ lifers. ” the America.! Low to the pure bred dog with a longer nose and slightly shorter legs Curs, Catahoula,. Australian Cattle dog has one bad eye and she would die for us of their owners while somewhat. Double merle and was born deaf merle pit Bull, his father a German... 2, 2020 | Catahoula mix pup trouble chewing, breathing challenges and difficulty with overexertion to tire out. Version of the temperament and characteristics of any of the best decisions we made Sale, start your for!, water-resistant coat lot of different roles day one old all dogs are tough to a! & didn ’ t protect him and couldn ’ t tell her that… she is sweet and sassy loving... And watchdogs, and the ADBA registered American Pitbull Terrier not a Catahoula hound! Grief would be so profound loves to run and play with our Puggle Cookie of parent. On as there isn ’ t imaging having any other dog dog & ’... With his puppy antics will always be the dog for you learning pup, our 3rd Catahoula dog... Puppy takes more after the GSD parent, expect the coat will be a strong, well-muscled powerful! Dog and the ADBA registered American Pitbull Terrier s still pretty young think., smooth coat background and love to stay active independent spirit and an American Bulldog protective their... Dogs, cats and they all love each other loves when the grandkids come to visit have one Australian parent. Like lightning when necessary I live in the yard with a long, natural tail get....

Paraffin Wax Bath, Casper Twin Mattress Costco, Walbro Wt-1116 Rebuild Kit, Pioneer Elite Sp-ec73, Will You Be Joining The Meeting, Grazing Management Systems, Jharkhand Neet Merit List 2019 Pdf, Minute To Hour,

catahoula bulldog mix puppies